Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) & SafeSport
The Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) was created in 2006 to protect youth bowlers and provided a safe environment for youth bowlers to participate in a lifetime sport. In addition, The U.S. SafeSport Program works with National Governing Bodies of organizations to provide a safe environment for athletes through awareness, education and training programs to ensure the athlete is safe and supported. All youth members deserve to participate free from misconduct or physical abuse.
Protecting our youth bowlers is critical and an important aspect at GHUSBC.
What is the USBC Registered Volunteer Program?
The United States Bowling Congress’ Registered Volunteer Program was created in 2006 to protect the youths who participate in USBC Youth programs. Providing a safe environment for youth bowlers is USBC’s highest priority.
The USBC Registered Volunteer Program accomplishes two very important goals:
- It requires all volunteers who have regular contact with USBC youth bowlers to have gone through a mandatory criminal background screening designed to remove and/or discourage those who might harm our kids.
- It includes a training component, through SafeSport.org, so those who work closely with youth members can recognize if an athlete is being abused, learn how to prevent abuse and how to respond if abuse has happened.
Everyone deserves to participate in sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse. USBC’s Registered Volunteer Program is designed to ensure all who work with youth members are dedicated to that objective.
Who is a required to become a Registered Volunteer?
Anyone 18 years of age or older who has regular contact or authority over USBC Youth members and those individuals within USBC governance structure. Specific roles or positions within USBC require compliance. Those roles are:
- USBC Headquarters employees
- USBC National Board and Youth Committee members
- USBC Team USA and Junior Team USA Members
- State and Local Youth Committee members and directors
- State and Local Association Board members
- State and Local Association Managers
- USBC league officers in leagues with members age 17 or under
- USBC Youth tournament managers
- USBC Certified Coaches
Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017
Policy Explanation and CAQs
Phone: 800-514-2695, ext. 8955